Monday, February 15, 2010

Mini review !

Okay, so as shown in my previous post, I picked up a bottle of Revlon Colorstay at a market yesterday. I have been itching to try this out because just about every blog I've come across have raved about this product at onbe point or another.



First thing I noticed about this foundation was the smell-has anyone else noticed this? Sometimes make up can just have a smell, I'm not sure what it is but it's really fresh and alluring. Maybe it's just me ;)
Second thing I noticed, well first when I applied it, is it's consistency. It's thick, but not too thick that you can't move it. The way I apply my foundation is with a brush then I set it by 'patting' it with a sponge. This foundation is just thin enough for me to be able to do this, but it's perfect. It has a medium coverage, but I'm sure it would be buildable with another layer. Personally, I prefer one layer of foundation, preluded by concealer and ended with powder to finish it off. I have semi troublesome skin so this routine works best for me.

I'm mostly impressed by it's lack of oilyness. So many commercial brands have 'oil free' foundations leaving residue that soaks to the top of your popwder within an hour of application. This is a cheap alternative for everyday use & I'm 100% sold.

2 comments:

  1. I think im the only person who hates this foundation :( i dont like the bottle. tipping it to get the product out, it stinks! and it dries on my face straight away so that i cant blend :(
    Maybe i should try again with it?? that was about 5 years ago!! haha
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe try it again? I prefer thicker foundations and I tend to manage no matter how thich a foundation is, but everyone is different! It's a popular product but there's stuff out there that everyone raves about & I sit back thinking 'really?'

    Who knows! ;)

    ReplyDelete